english muffins

"Lynn Duff" <duff@marshallnet.com>
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:29:10 -0500
v105.n039.3
I been making english muffins ever since my mother gave me a set of
rings to make them with years ago. They came with a recipe for
English muffins and crumpets, both of which are yeasted. Crumpets are
made from a batter and poured into the rings that are used to form
them as they bake on the stove. The muffins are made from a light
dough and cut with the rings and then baked on the stove.

I have since seen recipes where the names are interchanged. Some call
the muffins crumpets and vice versa. Who knows?

Lynn in Iowa