Re: Diane's Bread in Paris

LKR <cowandpig@qwest.net>
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:24:51 -0700
v105.n047.12
"Diane Purkiss" <dianepurkiss@btinternet.com> imparted the following
news in bread-bakers.v105.n046.4

Dear Diane,

Thank you for the wonderful and thorough report. You really
sacrificed, I see. [g]

>3.  Le Boulanger du Monge
>As excellent as ever.  Magnificent bagueete - best I had.

Where is this bakery located?

>4.  Poujauran in the 7th, Rue Cler area.
>Wonderful novelty breads, like a baguette de sept cereales and good
>pain au figues (how do the French make this so light?  Basic breads
>were good but not sensass.

Do you have any sense of what the seven cereals were? Were they a
large part of the dough
and was it white dough? This sounds like fun to try to replicate.

>6.  Le Grenier a pain, rue d'Italie 13th.
>The review in Palmare said croassants were grreat, but it was the
>bread that was outstanding; magnificent baguette a l'ancienne

What is this type of baguette like?

>Also worthy of note was the dark, voluptuous, almost unctuous olive
>bread at Flora in Av George V, a restaurant well worth it
>anyway.  Everywhere else also had nice bread.  Memorable walnut
>bread with cheese at Hiramatsu.

What was the dough of the olive bread like? What sort of olives did
it have? This also
sounds like a good project.

Thanks again!

Best,