Ezekial Bread and fluffy white bread recipes?

boyle8972@aol.com
Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:41:08 -0500
v106.n013.11
I was a member, though mostly lurking, on breadbakers for years.
Somehow in changing a server at work, I was off the list and just
recently found an old email, and came and found you all again.  It is
nice to see the list group is still piping hot. :

I had an interest in bread making before, though as a single mom, had
limited time. Now, my daughter is diagnosed with a peanut and soy
allergy, so we're having to learn to make bread again, but it is more
of a critical issue now, since all the sandwich bread you buy at the
store has soy lecithin in it. There are numerous proteins in soy that
can cause the allergic reaction, but she seems to be sensitive to soy
lecithin as well as the soy proteins. So, we're avoiding any products
with added soy flour, proteins or lecithins.

So, I had an interest in making ezekial bread for having a nice
healthy bread around. Particularly since she has other allergies as
well, I think it would be a nice way for her to get the added
nutritional value. I wondered if any of you have a good recipe for
ezekial bread. The ezekial bread at Trader Joe's has added soybeans..

Also, this child loves that fluffy white bread for sandwiches. I've
tried to make bread a few times, but found it not rising enough. I
think my kitchen is drafty and that has an effect.  I've tried buying
new yeast, and have started the yeast first to be sure it is active.
The first rise seems to go well, and it is in the 2nd rise that I
have problems with the bread not rising enough.  The other issue, is
maybe there is a trick to getting nice soft sandwich bread and I
thought you all might have some ideas.

Thanks so much.  It is nice to be back.

Andrea

----------MailBlocks_8C823CA981D27E6_74C_3227_FWM-D16.sysops.aol.com