RE: Problem with Pizza Dough

RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:17:00 -0700 (PDT)
v106.n031.9
I've made pizza dough a million times. I adapted a Wolfgang Puck
recipe for the ABM and make that dough almost exclusively. It is
wonderful BUT I am having a problem when baking it.

I'm from NY originally and we like our dough very thin. I have been
rolling it as thin as I can. Pretty thin. I also take a fork and make
tiny marks in the dough so that it doesn't puff up in the oven.

Anyway, even with the "forking" of the dough, it still puffs up. It
becomes quite thick, like Chicago-style pizza. I don't want that. I
want thin crust, like NYC pizza.

What am I doing wrong?

This is frustrating. The pizza tastes wonderful BUT it is too thick
for our tastes.

Any suggestions would be wonderful, from the experts on the list!

RisaG