Paris

"Steven Leof" <sleof.sln25@london.edu>
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:42:47 -0000
v106.n046.16
Thanks to all of you who responded to my queries on bakeries in Paris
and Eric Kayser.

To Diane Purkiss and other travellers to London: artisan bread here
has come a long way. There are now a number of fine bakeries; the
following is but a selection:

- & Clarke's,<www.sallyclarke.com)
- Baker & Spice <http://bakerandspice.jhadmin.net/>
- Breads Etcetera <www.breadsetcetera.com>
- De Gustibus <www.degustibus.co.uk>
- Euphorium Bakery, 202, Upper Street, N1 or 26a Chapel Market, N1 or
45, South End Road, NW3
- Exeter Street Bakery (tel: 020 8992 7748)
- Flour Power City <www.flourpowercity.com>
- Le Pain Quotidien <www.painquotidien.com>
- Lighthouse Bakery <www.lighthousebakery.co.uk>
- Poilaine (46, Elizabeth Street, SW1)

For information about artisan bread baking in the UK see Dan Lepard's
great site <www.danlepard.com>

Regarding Ladurée, they now have a location at Harrods in London.

Finally, though it's off topic I can't help but mention that London
has a growing number of high end chocolate shops. L'Artisan du
Chocolat at 89 Lower Sloane Street, SW1 <www.artisanduchocolat.com>
is a fine example; their liquid salted caramels alone are worth the trip.