No Knead Bread

Jesse Wasserman <jesswass1916@yahoo.com>
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:38:22 -0800 (PST)
v106.n048.11
Hi: If I can put my 2 cents in concerning this no knead bread, I had
my fling with it the other day and I must say it came it with that
great crust that crunches and with a very open texture.  It was
everything the bread was suppossed to be and I was well pleased with
the results.  I did use rapid rise yeast,let the mess sit for 18
hours, probably at a higher temp. than 70 degrees F., because I am in
southern Florida.  And although I did cut back on the water slightly,
because of the humidity here, nevertheless the dough was so sticky
that, after 18 hours of resting,  when I dumped it on the counter I
had to add a considerable amount of flour to even remove some but not
all its stickiness.  Managed to get it on the floured towel with not
much shape to it.  The dough spread out on the towel after the 2
hours "rise" and I managed to lierally dump it into a heated
Corningware dish.  What resulted was worth all the effort
involved.  As good as any French bread I have every had
anywhere.  Next time I will cut back on the amount of water I use and
hope for the best.  But I can truly recommend the method and not
worry about the kind of yeast.  BTW, the bread came right out of the pot.

Jesse Wasserman