re: No-Knead Bread-Sourdough

lobo <lobo119@bresnan.net>
Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:37:49 -0700
v107.n013.1
"J S LEVIN" <LEVIN5707@msn.com> wrote:
>I would like to make a sourdough variety but don't know how much of
>my sourdough starter to use? Should I decrease any of the liquids
>used? Is there a particular time when it should be added?
>Thanks, Keva

Try this .... omit the yeast, but do not change the amount of
water.  Substitute 2 cups of lively sourdough for 4/5 cup water + 1
1/5 cup flour (I base this on the proportions of my sourdough starter
which is about 3 cups flour to 2 cups flour). No, I don't have a 1/5
c. measure ... I eyeball it.  Add it when you'd normally add the
flour and water.  It might take a little longer to rise than with
just yeast.  It's worked well for me.  Good luck!

Lobo