Re: Do you bake during the summer??

"Mary Fisher" <mary.fisher@zetnet.co.uk>
Tue, 26 May 2009 20:11:43 +0100
v109.n021.14
Of course! We need bread during the summer as well as at other times :-)

>If so ... how do you keep the kitchen from getting so warm??

Leave the door open - and stay out of the kitchen.

Or bake in the bread oven in the back garden.

Or bake in the barbecue by lighting one side and putting the tins on
the shelf at the other end of the barbecue.

Or put a very thick iron skillet over a low charcoal fire in a cast
iron or ceramic firepot, put the dough on the skillet and cover it
with a metal basin.

Only the first two methods will cook a sensible batch of dough, I
don't think it's worth baking just one loaf at a time - unless we're
camping and have run out.

Mary