Whole Wheat Banana Bread

"Leigh Monichon" <leigh@leighd.net>
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:39:04 -0800
v110.n008.4
This has been a favorite in my family for probably 10 years.  My
teenagers eat enough bananas that I rarely have enough to make banana
bread, but this is the go to recipe when we do.

Corny Banana Oat Bread

1/2 cup applesauce, water, or oil
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 cup mashed bananas (3 medium)

Mix applesauce (or oil or water) and honey in bowl.  Add eggs, beating well.

Combine dry ingredients.  Add to honey mixture alternately with bananas,
beating well after each addition.  Pour into a greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.

Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until loaf tests done.

Yield: 12 servings

Approximate per serving: Cal 228, protein 4 gram, carbohydrates 31 g,
fiber 3 g, cholesterol 35 mg, fat 11 g (IF you use oil) sodium 123 mg.
Calories and fat stats lower if you use applesauce.

Source: Whole Foods for the Whole Family Cookbook