Pizza on the Grill

"Judi and Mel Arnold" <arnold818@msn.com>
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 07:38:21 -0600
v110.n019.3
I love pizza on the grill and this is how I prepare it.

Gently heat some extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan with several
peeled, halved cloves of garlic and red pepper flakes until the oil
takes on the flavors of both.

Turn on gas grill to about medium high or prepare charcoal to
approximately the same temperature.

Roll out dough to a rather thin consistency and then brush one side
with the flavored oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.

Place the oiled side directly on the grill until it is gets some nice
grill marks. Remove the crust, brush the oil on the uncooked side and
repeat the process.

Lower the heat of the grill, if using gas or make a spot without the
charcoal if using a charcoal grill.

Cover one side of the crust with desired toppings and place it on the
grill. Close the grill cover and heat until the toppings are warmed
through and the cheese is melted.

I found that working with several smaller crusts instead of one large
one makes grilling the dough more manageable.

I hope this helps.
Judi Arnold