Mini Herb Breads

Kathleen <kmschuller@comcast.net>
Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:03:28 -0400
v110.n025.7
These are great little breads.  We started on one loaf and I put the
other two in the freezer and took them out as needed.  They come to
room temperature fast because they are small.

Rather than use a food processor, I put all the ingredients in my Zo
and selected the dough setting.

kathleen

* Exported from MasterCook *

                               Mini Herb Breads

Recipe By     :Beatrice Ojakangas
Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads

       1/4           cup  warm water -- (1/4 to 1/2 cup)   (105F to 115F)
    2        tablespoons  sugar
    1       (1/4-ounce) package  active dry yeast
    2 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour
       1/2           cup  instant nonfat dry milk solids
    2        tablespoons  butter or margarine -- cut into 2 pieces
    1         tablespoon  mixed dried herbs
    1           teaspoon  salt
    2              large  eggs -- beaten
                          Melted butter -- or margarine, optional

Makes 3 small loaves.

1. Combine 1/4 cup of the water, sugar and yeast. Stir to dissolve
yeast and let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.

2. Fit processor with steel blade. Measure flour, dry milk, the 2
tablespoons butter, herbs and salt into work bowl. Process until
mixed, about 15 seconds. Add yeast mixture; process until blended,
about 10 seconds.

3. Turn on processor and slowly drizzle beaten eggs and just enough
remaining water through feed tube so dough forms a ball that cleans
the sides of the bowl. Process until ball turns around bowl about 25
times. Turn off processor and let dough stand 1 to 2 minutes.

4. Turn on processor and gradually drizzle in enough remaining water
to make dough soft, smooth and satiny but not sticky. Process until
dough turns around bowl about 15 times.

5. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Shape into ball and place
in lightly greased bowl, turning to grease all sides. Cover with
plastic wrap and let stand in warm place (85F) until doubled, about 1 hour.

6. Punch down dough. Divide into 3 equal parts. Shape each part into
a small loaf and place in greased 5 3/4 x 3 1/2 x 2 1/4-inch loaf
pan. Cover pans loosely with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place
until doubled, about 45 minutes.

7. Heat oven to 375F. Bake until golden and loaves sound hollow when
tapped, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove immediately from pans to wire rack.
Brush crusts with melted butter, if desired. Cool completely.

Source:
    "Fast & Easy: Breads & Quick Breads With Your Food Processor, page 20"
Copyright:
    "(c) 1986 by Publications International, Ltd. (Favorite Recipes
Magazine No. 16)"
Yield:
    "3 small loaves"