No Knead

"Margaret Cope" <mgcope@charter.net>
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:21:49 -0400
v110.n041.2
I have been making it since the recipe came out in the NY Times and I
also have used _The Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day_, both with great success.

I use Pyrex bowls (2 qt - 2.5L) which are heated in the oven
(450-475F) as it comes up to temperature.  I let the bread rise on a
floured "Silpat" covered with another bowl.  After I "dump" the bread
into the hot bowl (which is in the bottom of my oven on unglazed
floor tiles) and cover immediately with a Pyrex cover.  Bake for 30
minutes.  Take cover off and cook for 25 more minutes.  Remove from
bowl within a few minutes carefully.

Everyone loves them and they are folks who are used to great artisan
bakeries in Portland, Maine and NYC.  Be sure to dust the top of the
risen dough with flour before dumping into the heated bowl.  Top
becomes bottom and helps release it after baking.  Second-hand stores
are great sources of Pyrex bowls.