RE: new theme

"Allen Cohn" <allen@cohnzone.com>
Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:11:06 -0800
v111.n008.2
Isn't it the water in the *butter* that turns into steam and thus
provides a portion of the leavening (just as happens in puff pastry)?

Allen
SHB
San Francisco

PS: I endorse Leslie Lim Pheng Siang's method of converting a
straight dough bread recipe to sourdough. One really must calculate
the amount of flour and water in the starter added and then subtract
those from the amount added to the final dough.