buttermilk biscuits

dmrogers218@comcast.net
Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:10:27 +0000 (UTC)
v111.n008.3
I make buttermilk biscuits almost every weekend. This is my recipe.

1 cup self rising flour
1 Tbsp cold butter
Buttermilk

You can easily increase the amounts. 1 cup of flour makes 4 biscuits.
There are just 2 of us so I just make the 4. Just always use 1 Tbsp
butter for every cup of flour. I never measure the buttermilk. I just
pour it in and stir until the dough is sticky. I stir in a bowl with
a pastry fork (that I used to cut the butter into the flour). I just
drop onto the greased baking sheet. I spread them out pretty thin
because we like the crust more than the inside. I bake at 450F until
browned. My time (about 10 minutes) would be a little less since mine
are thin. Just watch until the desired color is reached. You could
certainly roll them out and cut with a biscuit cutter but the taste
is the same.

deb in Georgia

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."