Re: Time to bake rolls before freezing

Sue Prescott <mtncook825@yahoo.com>
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:43:15 -0800 (PST)
v111.n046.3
Andrew, I got this from an old bread recipe book. I've been pretty
successful with it.

Make the dough, adding a little more flour to make the dough stiff.
Shape and let rise, but not to double. Bake 30 minutes at 275F, cool
and store. When ready to use, bake 5 to 7 minutes at 450F. The rolls
are baked so that they are completely baked inside, but not browned.
Then at serving time you just brown them. Rolls can be stored, well
wrapped, at room temperature for up to a week, in the fridge for up
to 2 weeks or frozen for longer storage (thaw before baking).