Freezing Bread

Jeff Kreitman <jeffkreitman@gmail.com>
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 22:20:46 -0400
v114.n014.6
Toadd on to the storing bread info, what I finds works best is to
allow the loaf to cool, slice it and put it in a gallon freezer bag
to freeze.  Then when I want a slice or two I can slip a butter knife
into the small gap between the slices and give it a little twist to
pop the slices apart (this works better if you haven't sliced the
loaf very thin) and toast on high, about 4.5 out of 6 on my
toaster.  This keeps the crisp of the crust intact and generally
warms up the rest of the slice just right.  If I find I have a hard
time separating the slices I will put a small piece of wax paper
between the slices next time to make sure I can get them apart easily.