Green Tomato Muffins

Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:12:19 -0700
v114.n026.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Bread, Green Tomato Muffins

Recipe By     :Debbie Murdock Rogers
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads/Muffins/Rolls

    2               cups  green tomatoes -- chopped
    3        tablespoons  honey
       3/4           cup  milk
    1                     egg
       1/2           cup  oil -- (can use Canola)
       3/4           cup  grated cheddar cheese -- or shredded
       1/2      teaspoon  salt
    2               cups  all-purpose flour
    1         tablespoon  baking powder

In a large bowl combine tomatoes, honey, milk, egg, salt, cheese, and
oil. Mix with a spoon. Add flour and baking powder to mixture.

The batter will be lumpy. Spray or grease a 12 cup muffin pan or use
paper liners. Fill cups about 3/4 full.

Bake in preheated 400F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until brown on top.

Deb's notes
I like my green tomatoes with just a hint of pink starting to show

Source:
    "www.thesouthernladycooks.com"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 224 Calories; 13g Fat (50.2%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
27mg Cholesterol; 273mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Serve these with butter and tomato jam