Re: heirloom wheat

Carolyn Taylor <ctaylor3129@gmx.com>
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 08:16:40 -0800
v115.n004.6
I find this interesting because Iive in the wheat fields of eastern
Washington and while the local wheat is not heirloom my friends who
grow the wheat do share it with me. My mill is a Lee brand mill that
belonged to my mother in law and the method of milling is by
centrifugal force inside a  cylindrical stone. The mill was bought
new in the late 1930s and had its motor replaced in 1965. It is very
efficient, adjusts for all degrees of fineness, shuts off if it
becomes too warm and restarts when it cools. It will even mill
popcorn which is too hard for many mills. I believe the company is no
longer in existence but surely the technology still exists.

Carolyn Taylor