wild Yeast Starter

Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:09:06 -0700
v115.n029.4
                      Wild Yeast Starter

Recipe By     :SUZQ

    2               cups  all-purpose flour
    2               cups  bottled (non-chlorinated) water

It may take a little time, but making a good starter is easy! It is
best to use organically grown flour and non-chlorinated water because
they contain no chemicals which might kill the wild yeast.

PREP: 10 min
READY IN:  2 days 23 hrs 10 mins

AllRecipes Editor's Note: One reviewer stated: I have this exact
starter. I love it. I gave you 3 stars due to you saying throw a cup
or two down the drain. #1 throwing it down the drain will eventualy
clog your drain."

Combine flour and spring water in a medium bowl; stir well. Cover
loosely with a cloth and let sit on a kitchen counter for 2 to 3
days, or until bubbly.

To use and feed your starter; take out the amount needed for your
recipe and then replace that amount with equal parts flour and spring
water. If you keep your starter at room temperature it should be fed
every other day, and if refrigerated, fed weekly. If you accumulate
more starter than you need, simply pour a few cups down the drain
before feeding it.

Makes 4 cups starter

S(Internet Address):
    "http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/No-Commercial-Yeast-Starter";