Rhubarb Bread (or Muffins)

Thu, 02 Jun 2016 12:11:55 -0700
v116.n019.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Bread, Rhubarb  (or Muffins)

Recipe By     :Karla Sonnenberg
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads/Muffins/Rolls
                 Desserts                        Fruit
                 Posted                          Side Dish
                 Snacks

                         Bread:
   1 1/2           cups  brown sugar
      2/3           cup  vegetable oil
   1                     egg
   1                cup  buttermilk
   2 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1 1/2           cups  diced rhubarb
                         Topping:
      1/2           cup  granulated sugar
   1         tablespoon  butter
   1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon

Great way to use summer rhubarb.

Prep: 20 min
Cook: 1 hr
Ready: 1 hr 20 min

Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 5x9" loaf pan.

Mix brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk, flour, baking soda,
salt, and rhubarb, in exact order and stirring after each addition,
together in a bowl until batter is just combined; pour into the prepared pan.

Combine white sugar, butter, and cinnamon together in a bowl until
crumbly; lightly press onto batter.

Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center
of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour.

The seccond loaf can be frozen and then defrosted at room temp. when
you are ready to eat it.

Reviewer: The next time around I am going to skip the topping all
together and incorporate the cinnamon in with the batter and cut the
sugar down a bit as well.

Reeviewer: Had some extra rhubarb and tried this out and it was
delicious! I made muffins instead of bread and cut the baking time
down to 20-25 minutes. I agree with others though that some more
rhubarb would have been great too.

Source:
   "allrecipes.com"
S(Internet Address):
   "http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237548/rhubarb-bread/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 164 Calories; 7g Fat (37.8%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
10mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.