What I've Been Baking

Sue Prescott <mtncook825@yahoo.com>
Mon, 12 Sep 2016 21:42:38 +0000 (UTC)
v116.n034.5
I make all the sandwich bread for us (just two of us). Usually end up
with a bit that will get moldy, if I don't do something, so I cut it
in cubes and dry them to use at the holidays for dressing, bread
puddings, etc and in the summer for panzanella. My current project is
getting my sourdough to turn out like a bread. I've been making the
Extra-Tangy Sourdough bread on the King Arthur Flour site; I can
email them with questions and issues on their recipe. So far, I've
gotten one batch to turn out relatively well, but the rest just rise
out instead of up. The crumb and flavor are good, but the loaves are
only good for panini. (Really GOOD panini.)

Sue