Dill Monkey Bread

Joan Ross <butterflyflour@gmail.com>
Fri, 18 Nov 2016 05:16:20 -0500
v116.n043.8
*Of of the more unusal monkey bread recipes in my collection. *
*I like this as an appetizer bread when baked in mini loaf pans*

*       Dill Monkey Bread*

      2 Tbs warm water
      1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
      1 tsp sugar
      2 1/4 cups bread flour or as needed
      1/4 tsp salt
      1/2 c  milk, lukewarm
      1 egg
      1 Tbs butter, melted
      1 Tbs dried dill
      Dill Butter
      4 Tbs melted butter, divided
      1 Tbs dried dill

Combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar and let sit for 10 minutes,
until foamy.
Mix the milk, egg, butter, and dill into the yeast mixture.
Add the salt and the flour gradually until the dough no longer sticks
to the bottom of the bowl.
Knead lightly by hand and place the ball of dough in a lightly-oiled bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30-60 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the dill butter by combining 2 tablespoons of melted
butter with 1 tablespoon of dill.

Once the dough is ready, punch it down and shape into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball into the dill butter and place in pans.
Since the dough will rise more, don't crowd the  dough balls into the pans
Cover the loaves with plastic wrap and allow to rise for another 20-25 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 375F.
Right before baking, brush some of the remaining dill butter over the dough.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or done, brushing again with the butter twice
throughout the baking process.
Serve warm from the oven.
Yield: depends on loaf sizes: may be baked in mini loaves or larger 8
x 4 inch loaf pans or even a bundt pan
Note: I have even used fresh snipped dill in the recipe