contest

Joan Ross <butterflyflour@gmail.com>
Tue, 22 Nov 2016 05:01:05 -0500
v116.n044.4
I got this recipe from a newspaper clipping and use The King Arthur
brand white whole wheat flour which produces a finer bread product
than regular whole wheat flour. It's a great seaonal recipe that
especially my vegetarian relatives enjoy plus easy to prepare in food
processor.

I have also prepared this using my power blender to mix the ingredients

*Healthy and Delicious Pumpkin Banana Bread*

1 15 oz can pumpkin or squash
2 ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 cup quick rolled oats
3/4 cup ground faxseeds or use flaxseed meal
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp baking soda

Grease and flour 2 standard loaf pans
Preheat oven to 350F
In food processor combine pumpkin puree, bananas, vanilla and eggs
and process smooth stop and scrape down sides as needed
Add the flour, oats, flaxmeal, sugar, baking powder and soda, spice
blend and process smooth
Remember to stop and scrape sides of bowl when you prepare in food processor
Transfer batter to pans
Bake about 50 to 60 minutes or toothpick comes out clean in center
Let cool
Remove from pans
Cool completly before slicing
Wrap and store overnight for best flavor
Freezes well
Yield: 2 loaves