Potato Rye Bread

Sat, 07 Jan 2017 20:06:50 -0800
v117.n001.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Bread, Potato Rye

Recipe By     : The Fresh Loaf
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fatfree                         Grains
                 Posted                          Sandwiches
                 Side Dish                       Snacks

                         Sourdough:
   100            grams  rye flour
   100            grams  water
   35             grams  mature culture
                         Final Dough:
   280            grams  boiled and peeled potatoes -- cooled (I
                           boiled them while I mixed the sourdough)
   150            grams  whole wheat flour
   200            grams  bread flour
   200            grams  water
   12             grams  vital wheat gluten
   10             grams  salt
   1                tsp  instant yeast -- (somewhat less)

Yield: 2 boules
Servings: approx 9 each boule

Prepare the sourdough in the morning

In the evening: mix the sourdough, the mashed potatoes, all of the
flour, gluten and the water and knead until everything is smooth.

Autolyse for some time, approx. 30 min.

Add salt and yeast, knead until smooth and well developed.

Proof until doubled in size (I put the dough on the balcony (54F/12C)
while I left the house and brought it back inside after I returned to
let it double fully, it took me about four hours, I think)

Shape (I divided the dough into two pieces and made boules out of
them)

Place them in a well floured linen inside of a bowl (or proofing
basket, if you have one) and let the boules ferment overnight in the
fridge.

Preheat the oven the next morning to full temperature, slash the
boules, steam well (put some ice cubes into a tray on the lowest shelf
of the oven), turn the oven down to 450F/230C and bake for approx. 35
min.

Let cool and enjoy!

Source:
   "The Fresh Loaf"
S(Internet Address):
   "http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/14327/potato-rye-bread";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 104 Calories; 1g Fat (4.3%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 219mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Fat.