Re: Granola Dough, Vol 117, Issue 4

Debbie Rogers <dmrogers218@hotmail.com>
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:30:37 +0000
v117.n005.1
In the recipe for Granola Dough you listed:
 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL)    fine table or kosher salt

I have never seen salt listed that way. In fact, I have read where if
using kosher salt, you should double the amount.  Thoughts?

Thank you!

[[Editor's note: This is exactly the way the recipe is written. In the
"Ingredients You'll Need" section in the book, the author refers to
"fine kosher or sea salt". I think it would have been clearer if the
recipe had called for "table or fine kosher salt".

Kosher salt is usually coarsely ground, so you need 2x as much as
table salt. But you can get fine-ground kosher salt which is the same
grind as table salt.]]