Easy Potato Rolls

Sun, 05 Aug 2018 00:37:50 -0700
v118.n029.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Rolls, Easy Potato 2

Recipe By     :Jeanette McKinney
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads/Muffins/Rolls
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   2           packages  active dry yeast -- (1/4 oz each)
   1 1/3           cups  warm water -- 110 to 115F, divided
   1                cup  warm mashed potatoes -- without added milk and butter
      2/3           cup  sugar
      2/3           cup  shortening
   2              large  eggs
   2 1/2      teaspoons  salt
   6               cups  all-purpose flour -- to to 6 1/2C

After I discovered this recipe, it became a mainstay for me. I make
the dough ahead of time when company is coming, and I try to keep
some in the refrigerator to bake for our ranch hands. Leftover mashed
potatoes are almost sure to go into these rolls.

Prep: 20 min. + rising
Bake: 20 min.

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup warm water. In a large
bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sugar, shortening, eggs, salt,
remaining 2/3 cup water, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until
smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Do not knead. Shape into a ball; place in a greased bowl, turning
once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down dough; divide into thirds. Divide and shape one portion
into 15 balls; place in a greased 9" round baking pan. Cover with a
kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining dough. Let rise in a warm place
until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375F.

Bake rolls until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pans to
wire racks. Serve warm.

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-potato-rolls/";
Yield:
   "45 "

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 107 Calories; 4g Fat (29.9%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
10mg Cholesterol; 133mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 0803