Multi-Grain Flaxseed Bread

Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:16:53 -0700
v118.n037.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Bread, Multi-Grain Flaxseed

Recipe By     : Marye Audet
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Grains                          Posted

   2            packets  yeast
      1/4           cup  warm water -- (110F)
      1/4           cup  honey -- divided use, plus
   1         Tablespoon  honey
   2               cups  warm water
      1/2           cup  7 grain cereal
   1                cup  old-fashioned oatmeal
   2               cups  whole wheat flour
   1                cup  flax seed
   3               cups  bread flour -- (to 3 1/2C)
      1/4           cup  wheat gluten
   1 1/2    Tablespoons  very fine salt -- not kosher
      1/2           cup  melted butter

Healthy whole grain bread with plenty of Omega 3's and a slightly
sweet, nutty flavor. Makes incredible toast!

Prep: 3:39
Cook: 40 mins
Total: 4:10
Makes: 2 loaves

Add the yeast and 1 tablespoon honey to the warm water

Set the mixture aside for about five minutes. It will get bubbly.

Add the 2 cups of warm water, remaining honey, 7 grain cereal,
oatmeal, 1 cup of the whole wheat flour, 1 cup of flaxseed, 1 cup of
bread flour, and 1/4 cup gluten.

Stir until well mixed.

Cover and set in a warm place to rise - about 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.

Stir the dough down and add the salt and butter.

Using the dough hook on your mixer beat in the remaining whole wheat
flour and enough of the remaining bread flour to make an elastic dough.

Knead for 10 minutes.

Cover and place in a warm spot to rise.

Let rise until double, about 1 1/2 hours.

Punch down.

Let rest for 15 minutes.

Form into loaves and place in greased pans.

Oil tops and cover, let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.

Bake at 375F for 40 to 45 minutes.

Loaves will sound hollow when tapped.

Cool completely before slicing! Bread will slice VERY thin when it's
completely cool.

Cal 151, Fat 7g, Carb 17g, Sod 522mg, Fiber 4g, Pro 4g

Review: This bread is amazing! Thank you for posting! I thoroughly
enjoyed the ritual of spending the day making it. I followed the
recipe and the steps pretty much exactly, and it turned out as a
spectacularly delicious treat. I'm going to make it again and again,
I'm sure. It baked beautifully, and it sliced like a dream. I've
gotten nothing but compliments. I can't wait to explore your blog
further and try other recipes. Also, I've tried literally dozens of
whole grain bread recipes, and none have been as good as this one.

Review: Terrific bread! I use 9 grain instead of 7 grain & a blend of
flax, chai & hemp seeds instead of just flax seeds. I mill my own
flour and this recipe has replaced the one I have used for years.
Super easy to cut when completely cooled, freezes well too. Only one
downside, this bread does take over half a day to make.

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.restlesschipotle.com/multi-grain-flaxseed-bread/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 218 Calories; 8g Fat (30.4%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
11mg Cholesterol; 487mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 0720