Bread Machine Brown Rice And Lychee Bread

Sun, 07 Oct 2018 18:39:02 -0700
v118.n039.4
This is a bread recipe I made a few years ago that turned out pretty
tasty. If you try it please let me know and I might post more of my
personel recipes.

* Exported from MasterCook *

               Bread Machine Brown Rice And Lychee Bread [RT]

Recipe By     :Reggie Dwork
Categories    : Asian                           Bread
                 Bread Machine                   Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Vegetarian

                         2 Lb Loaf:
   2 1/2            Tsp  Yeast
   13                Oz  Bread Flour
   8                 Oz  Brown Rice Flour
   1               Tbsp  Poppy Seeds
   2                Tsp  Canola Oil
   1 1/2            Tsp  Salt
   1                  C  Lychee Liquid -- Reserved From 2 Cans Of Lychees
   1                  C  Lychees
      1/4             C  Toasted Sesame Seeds
   1                Tsp  Honey
   1 1/2           Tbsp  Water

Drain canned lychees and reserve heavy syrup (lychee liquid).

Toast sesame seeds in hot fry pan till starting to turn golden...but
don't let them all turn golden or they will be over-toasted.

Put all ingredients into baking basket of your bread machine
according to manufacturer's directions.  Set crust for light and push Start.

At then end of the baking cycle remove from baking basket and place
on a rack to cool.

Lychee are available in the Asian section of many supermarkets or
Oriental markets.

Review: This is *very* good!! Excellent crunch to the crust but it
isn't tough or hard. The texture is nice and light not dense. The
flavor in wonderful ... there is a crunch from the sesame and poppy
seeds and interesting texture added with the lychees. The top is not
pretty but it could probably be done on the dough cycle and made into
a round loaf, slashed on top and baked in the oven. Or if one doesn't
mind the appearance of the top then bake it in the bread machine. The
top is hilly looking but not from excessive water.

I think it is good as is.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 165 Calories; 3g Fat (14.3%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 203mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 1997 - 0512