Muffins, Cranberry Pumpkin 1

Sat, 10 Nov 2018 17:29:32 -0800
v118.n044.2
This might be good for Thanksgiving or anytime you want to make and enjoy them.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Muffins, Cranberry Pumpkin 1

Recipe By     :Sue Ross
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

   2 1/4           cups  all-purpose flour
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  pumpkin pie spice
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   2              large  eggs
   2               cups  sugar
   1                cup  canned pumpkin
      1/2           cup  canola oil
   1                cup  cranberries -- fresh or frozen, chopped

Tart, juicy cranberries enhance the delicate pumpkin flavor of these
muffins. Sometimes I dust the tops with powdered sugar to add a
little sweetness.

Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a bowl, beat the
eggs and sugar; add the pumpkin and oil and mix well. Stir into the
dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.

Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400
for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Cal 159, Fat 5g, Carb 27g, Sod 108mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 2g

Review: We loved this recipe. I used dried cranberries and did not
chop them. I doubled the recipe and added an additional cup of
cranberries and used a 15 oz can of pumpkin. I made some into
individual small loaves to give away and the rest into muffins. FYI:
You'll need a large bowl if you double the recipe. Definitely a keeper!

Review: So good! Loved the sweet and tart flavors. This was a big hit
in my house. I will make these again!

Review: Delicious! I might use a few more cranberries next time.

Source:
   "Originally published as Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins in Holiday &
Celebrations Cookbook 2003"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cranberry-pumpkin-muffins/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 159 Calories; 5g Fat (28.5%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
18mg Cholesterol; 104mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 1110