Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Cranberry-Pecan Bread

Fri, 16 Nov 2018 20:54:09 -0800
v118.n045.7
This might be good for your holiday table.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                 Bread, Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Cranberry-Pecan

Recipe By     :Sonia  Martinez
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Hand Made
                 Holidays                        Nuts
                 Posted                          Slow Cooker

                         Nonstick cooking spray
   2                     eggs
      3/4           cup  canned pumpkin puree
   1                cup  sugar
      1/2           cup  vegetable oil -- or natural unsweetened applesauce
   1 2/3           cups  all-purpose flour
   1 1/2      teaspoons  pumpkin pie spice
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      3/4           cup  fresh cranberries -- or frozen, thawed
   1         Tablespoon  all-purpose flour
      1/4           cup  pecans -- chopped and toasted

Coat the ceramic liner of a 4-quart crock-pot (mine is 3 1/2 qt) with
cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin,
sugar and oil (or applesauce); set aside.

In a large bowl stir together the 1 2/3 cups flour, pumpkin pie
spice, baking soda and salt. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour
mixture; stir just until combined.

In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup cranberries and 1 tablespoon flour;
toss gently to coat. Gently fold cranberries into batter.

Spoon batter into prepared cooker (cooker will only be about one
fourth full if using a 4 quart cooker). Top with the remaining
cranberries and the pecans.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near
the center comes out clean.

When removing lid, lift carefully so condensation from lid does not
drip on the bread.

Remove crockery liner from slow cooker. Cool, uncovered, on a wire
rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of bread, and use a wide spatula to
lift bread from cooker. Cool completely on the wire rack.

Sonia's Notes: Since my crock-pot is a bit smaller than the one in
the recipe, my bread domed nicely. I used the applesauce instead of
oil. I also used a bit more pecans than the recipe called for and
added some to the batter.

I checked the bread by inserting a very thin bladed knife at the
2-hour mark and it came out too wet. I let it cook a bit longer and
checked about every 10 minutes or so. At the 2 1/2 hour mark I
noticed the sides were cooking a bit too much and decided to stop
cooking. Unmolded and wrapped the bread in a kitchen towel and let it
sit for a bit. The bread was perfect by the time it was cut. The
taste is delicious!

Source:
   "Better Homes & Gardens Slow Cooker Holiday Issue via the blog
'Home is Where the Boat Is'"
S(Internet address):
   "http://www.soniatasteshawaii.com/2018/10/pumpkin-cranberry-pecan-holiday-bread-in-the-slow-cooker.html";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 148 Calories; 7g Fat (42.0%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
21mg Cholesterol; 124mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 1007