How to Make the BEST Banana Bread

Sun, 13 Jan 2019 21:29:09 -0800
v119.n003.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     How to Make the BEST Banana Bread

Recipe By     :Tessa
Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Info/How To                     Posted
                 Quickbread

How to Mash Bananas:
Firstly you'll want to use very overripe bananas. They should be very
soft and covered with dark brown speckles. This will provide both the
best sweet flavor and the best texture. Mash the bananas very well by
hand with a fork or potato masher. I find mashing with an electric
mixer makes the batter too thin to rise well, often leading to bread
that's slightly mushy in the center or even slightly sunken in the center.

What Makes Banana Bread Moist?
I experimented with using melted butter vs. oil in banana bread and
found an even mixture of both led to the best results. You get the
rich flavor from the butter, but the sensation of moistness from the
vegetable oil.

Oil is a liquid at room temperature, so it feels moist on the palate
even though it has no water.

Brown sugar and plain yogurt are the other key ingredients that help
make the banana bread moist, tender, and flavorful.

Adding nuts or chips
I made this recipe plain, but you can add 1 cup of coarsely chopped
nuts or chips. I prefer lightly toasted walnuts or semisweet
chocolate chips, but feel free to get creative here.

Frosting Banana Bread
If you'd like, you can add cream cheese frosting or my best
buttercream to take this recipe to a whole new level!

How to Turn Banana Bread into Muffins
You can turn this banana bread recipe into about two dozen banana
bread muffins. Fill the batter about 3/4 full into the cavities of
two standard muffin tins. Bake at 350F for about 20 to 25 minutes, or
until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

How to Store & Freeze Banana Bread
Cover and store cooled banana bread at room temperature for 2 days.
The flavors will actually intensify as the bread sits!

To freeze, tightly wrap the completely cooled loaf or slices in
aluminum foil then place in a ziptop bag. Freeze for up to three
months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature. If
thawing an entire loaf, you can also refresh the loaf by popping into
a 325F oven for about 10 minutes.

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.handletheheat.com/banana-bread/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 0 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0%
calories from fat); 0g Protein; 0g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 0mg Sodium.  Exchanges: .

NOTES : 2019 - 0113