Applesauce Spice Muffins

Thu, 07 Feb 2019 19:55:21 -0800
v119.n007.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Muffins, Applesauce Spice

Recipe By     :Edna Hoffman
Categories    : Desserts                        Fruit
                 Posted                          Snacks

      1/3           cup  butter -- softened
      3/4           cup  sugar
   2              large  eggs -- room temp
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
   1 1/3           cups  all-purpose flour
   1           teaspoon  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
      1/2      teaspoon  ground nutmeg
      1/8      teaspoon  ground cloves
      3/4           cup  applesauce
   1                cup  cream cheese frosting -- prepared

I began making these moist cupcakes in grade school and still bake them today.

Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 25 min. + cooling

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry
ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350F
for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Frost
cooled cupcakes.

Cal 258, Fat 9g, Carb 41g, Sod 291mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: I thought that this recipe was very good! I was able to get
15 cupcakes out of this recipe!

Review: I just made a couple of changes: used 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and
cut out the cloves (Makes them bitter.) Added a chopped apple and a
tablespoon of balsamic vinegar - they were superb! Thanks for a great recipe.

Review: I thought they were delicious, didnt even frost them. I also
left out the cloves and nutmeg

Source:
   "Originally published as Applesauce Spice Cupcakes in Taste of
Home October/November 1998"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/applesauce-spice-cupcakes/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 275 Calories; 10g Fat (33.8%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
49mg Cholesterol; 306mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0207