Grandma's Biscuits

Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:07:53 -0800
v119.n007.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Biscuits, Grandma's

Recipe By     :Melissa Obernesser
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted                          Side Dish

   2               cups  all-purpose flour
   3          teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  salt
      1/3           cup  shortening
      2/3           cup  2% milk
   1              large  egg -- lightly beaten

Homemade biscuits add a warm and comforting touch to any meal. My
grandmother makes these tender biscuits to go with her seafood chowder.

Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
Serving: 1 biscuit

Preheat oven to 450F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and
salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add
milk; stir just until moistened.

Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat
dough into a 10x4" rectangle. Cut rectangle lengthwise in half; cut
crosswise to make 10 squares.

Place 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with egg.
Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Cal 165, Fat 7g, Carb 20g, Sod 371mg, Finer 1g, Pro 4g

Review: These were a delicious, flaky biscuit. The only change I made
was to reduce the salt to 3/4 of a teaspoon. I will definitely make them again.

Review: Very nice! I'm going to try to make them with butter next
time. I might also cut back on the salt as I found it just a tad too salty.

Review: These are so quick and easy why would you use store bought???
Nice light texture and crispy on outside. They went well with my
homemade rhubarb jam.

Source:
   "Originally published as Biscuits in Taste of Home December 2014"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grandma-s-biscuits/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 168 Calories; 8g Fat (42.5%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
22mg Cholesterol; 375mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0210