Potato Pan Rolls

Sat, 16 Feb 2019 21:29:42 -0800
v119.n008.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Rolls, Potato Pan 2

Recipe By     :Connie Storckman
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Cast-Iron Skillet
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted                          Potatoes

   4 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- to 5C
   3        tablespoons  sugar
   4 1/2            tsp  quick-rise yeast -- (2 packages 1/4 oz each)
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
   1 1/4           cups  water
   3        tablespoons  butter
      1/2           cup  mashed potatoes -- without added milk and butter
                         Additional all-purpose flour

My family loves these rolls and requests them often. They don't take
long to make because you use quick-rise yeast.

Prep: 15 min. + rising
Bake: 20 min.

In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a
small saucepan, heat water and butter to 120-130F. Add to dry
ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in mashed potatoes and enough
remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6
to 8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 16
pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in two greased 8- or 9"
cast-iron skillets or round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm
place until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400F. Sprinkle tops of rolls with additional flour.
Bake until golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks.

Cal 163, Fat 3g, Carb 30g, Sod 239mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: These are the BEST potato rolls I have ever baked and eaten,
and I have been making bread for a long time. Awesome Recipe, thank you!

Review: This recipe as written is the best yeast roll recipe I have
tried, and I have tried a lot! the texture is light and airy and
tastes wonderful This will be my go to recipe. Thank you for posting.

Review: Super yummy and very easy to make! Followed the recipe
exactly. Will defiantly make these again and again!

Source:
   "Originally published as Potato Pan Rolls in Country Extra November 2000"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potato-pan-rolls/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 165 Calories; 3g Fat (14.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
6mg Cholesterol; 239mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0216