Easy Pretzel Bites

Mon, 11 Mar 2019 15:20:48 -0700
v119.n013.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Pretzel Bites, Easy

Recipe By     :Bee
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted                          Snacks
                 Stand Mixer

   2 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   1           teaspoon  salt
   1           teaspoon  sugar
   2 1/4      teaspoons  instant yeast
      7/8           cup  warm water -- (to 1C)
   4               cups  water -- bring it to boil
   2        tablespoons  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  kosher salt -- or coarse salt
   6        tablespoons  unsalted butter -- melted
                         Cheddar Cheese Sauce:
   2        tablespoons  unsalted butter
   2        tablespoons  all-purpose flour
   1                cup  whole milk
   1                cup  shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Easy Pretzel Bites - soft and delicious homemade pretzel bites that
you can't stop eating. Serve them with cheddar cheese sauce. A
perfect snack any time of the day!

Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 35 minutes

Place the flour, salt, sugar, instant yeast and warm water into a
stand mixer bowl, beat with the dough hook until well-combined.

Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
doubled, about 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 400F. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water
and baking soda to a boil. Divide the dough into 4 portions.

Roll each dough into a log and then cut into bite-sized pieces (about
1" length).

Add to the boiling water, in batches, for 30 seconds. Remove with a
slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.

Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top them with
the salt. Bake the bites for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.

While the bites are in the oven, make the Cheddar Cheese Sauce. Melt
the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir.
Add the milk to the sauce pan and whisk. Add the cheese, whisking
constantly until it is melted. Turn off the heat and transfer the
sauce to a dipping bowl.

Remove the pretzel bites from the oven, roll them in the melted
butter. Serve immediately with the Cheddar Cheese Sauce.

Cal 450, Fat 23g, Carb 46g, Sod 162mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 13g

Question: I made the pretzel bites yesterday but am not sure if they
turned out right because I have never spent the money to have a soft
pretzel or bites while shopping. I could taste the baking soda in the
finished product. I baked them the full 15 minutes but wonder if I
should have baked longer. I think it's the soda taste I don't care
for. The bites puffed nicely in the water but some seemed doughy.

Response: It will have a bit of baking soda taste, even the ones at
the stores. You can dip into the cheddar cheese sauce or roll them
with cinnamon sugar.

Source:
   "Pretzel Bites recipe is adapted from King Arthur Flour. Cheddar
Cheese Sauce recipe is adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction."
S(Internet address):
   "https://rasamalaysia.com/easy-pretzel-bites/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 442 Calories; 24g Fat (48.0%
calories from fat); 12g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
67mg Cholesterol; 2074mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0311