Copycat Great Harvest Honey Wheat Bread

Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:04:38 -0700
v119.n013.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                  Bread, Copycat Great Harvest Honey Wheat

Recipe By     :Camille
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   4               cups  very warm water -- see Note
   3        tablespoons  fast active dry yeast
      3/4           cup  honey
   1         tablespoon  salt
   10              cups  whole wheat flour -- freshly ground if
possible, (to 11C)

Out of all the great recipes in your recipe box, there is just
something about bread that keeps you going back again and again. This
Copycat Great Harvest Honey Wheat Bread Recipe will have you wanting
to fire up that oven once more.

Preparation: 45 min
Cooking: 30 min
Total: 1:15
Makes: 2 loaves

In a large bowl, add water, yeast, honey and salt. Let it rest for 5
minutes (or until the yeast foams).

Add in flour 1 cup at a time, kneading it between each cup of flour
added if you are making it by hand. If you are making it with a mixer
(like a Bosch or Kitchen Aid), use a paddle attachment and just let
it mix while you add the flour.

Knead bread for about 5 minutes. If the dough is sticky, add only
enough flour so that the dough barely pulls away from the bowl. Every
time I make bread, the amount of flour I use varies - humidity and
elevation will make a big difference too. I usually use between 10-11 cups.

Preheat oven to 170F; turn the oven off, and let dough rise inside
the oven for 15 minutes.

Carefully remove bowl from oven. Spray the back of your hand with
cooking spray and punch down the dough. Form into a log and cut in
half, forming two larger-sized loaves. Put into 2 greased loaf pans.

Again, preheat oven (if it's not warm anymore) to 170F and let the
dough in the pans rise in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the
dough doubles in size.

Remove dough from oven and set oven temperature to 350F. Once oven is
pre-heated, place the loaves back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from pans immediately and let cool completely on a cooling rack.

NOTE: You don't want the water to be TOO hot, or it will kill the
yeast. I would say that it's maybe around 110F. My rule of thumb is
as warm as you can stand to wash your face in.

This bread lasts about a week or two out on your counter or in your
fridge, when kept in an airtight container, or ziplock bag.

We usually freeze the bread until we need it, then thaw it when necessary.

Source:
   "Kat's Health Corner"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.allfreecopycatrecipes.com/Bread-and-Rolls/Copycat-Great-Harvest-Honey-Wheat-Bread-Recipe";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 309 Calories; 2g Fat (4.1%
calories from fat); 11g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 407mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0313