Copycat Hawaiian Sweet Bread

Thu, 28 Mar 2019 21:44:23 -0700
v119.n014.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                    Bread, Copycat Hawaiian Sweet

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   4 1/2         active  dry yeast -- (2 packets)
      1/2            C.  warm water
   3                     eggs
   1                 C.  pineapple juice
      1/2            C.  water
      2/3            C.  sugar
   1               tsp.  vanilla
      1/2          tsp.  ginger -- optional
      1/2            C.  butter -- melted
   6                 C.  white flour

Sweet Hawaiian bread at home for much less than the prepackaged version!

Prep: 60 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 1:30

Mix yeast with 1/2 C. warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes until foamy.
Combine yeast, eggs, pineapple juice, water, sugar, vanilla, butter
in a mixer. Add in flour gradually. Dust a cutting board with flour
and place the dough on it. Work dough in flour until it's no longer
sticky. Split in two equal sections.

Grease two cake rounds and place dough inside. Let the bread rise
until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 25 to 30
minutes or until golden brown.

Frugal Tip:  Pineapple juice is not an ingredient I buy regularly,
but occasionally I'll stumble upon a recipe that calls for it.  I
purchase a large can of pineapple juice and freeze what I don't need
in ice cube trays for future use.  That way, I was able to get the
best value at the store without any drop going to waste.  I can use
it in this Hawaiian Sweet Bread recipe, marinades, slushies, etc.

Source:
   "adapted from:  Allrecipes.com"
S(Internet address):
   "http://frugalbites.com/category/recipes/breads/page/2/";
Yield:
   "8 to 10"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 566 Calories; 14g Fat (23.2%
calories from fat); 14g Protein; 94g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
111mg Cholesterol; 149mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0328