Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick

Thu, 14 Mar 2019 00:39:13 -0700
v119.n014.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                   Bread, Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick

Recipe By     :Tessa
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

                         For the dough:
   1                cup  warm water -- pus
   2        tablespoons  warm water
   1 1/2      teaspoons  instant yeast
   2        tablespoons  granulated sugar
   3        tablespoons  unsalted butter -- melted
   1 3/4      teaspoons  salt
   16            ounces  bread flour -- (about 3 1/3 to 3 1/2C)
                         For the topping:
   2        tablespoons  unsalted butter -- melted
      1/2      teaspoon  kosher salt
      1/4      teaspoon  garlic powder

Buttery, garlic-scented, and chewy, these simple Olive Garden
breadsticks are utterly addictive. When you get the craving for this
kind of taste, only this Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick Recipe will
cure it. Everybody knows that the Olive Garden breadsticks recipe is
the best there is. Best of all, this breadsticks recipe is so easy
that it is nearly impossible not to get it right. You will feel like
a master Italian baker when you finish making these delicious breadsticks.

In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and
butter. Add in the salt. Attach the dough hook to the mixer and begin
to gradually add the flour on low speed. Increase speed to medium and
knead the dough for about 7 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic.

Remove the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Let rest in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.

Divide the dough into 12 (2 oz) portions. Roll each piece of dough
into a 7" log. Place the dough logs on nonstick baking mat or
parchment-lined baking sheets, cover, and let rise until doubled in
size, about 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 400F. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden
brown. Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter.
Combine the salt and garlic powder and sprinkle evenly over
breadsticks. Serve warm.

Recipe Notes: When it comes to bread baking weighing your flour will
always ensure the best and most consistent results. If you like to
bake consider investing in a kitchen scale if you don't already have
one, it makes a big difference!

Question: Olive Garden breadsticks are my favorite!!!!

That's mainly the only reason I go to Olive Garden.

But I'm sorry, on your recipe you have 3 cups (16 oz) of bread flourâ?¦

But 3 cups is not the same as 16 ozâ?¦. So which one is it? 3 cups or
2 cups (16 oz) ???

Response: Every single cup of any dry ingredient does not always
weigh 8 ounces. In fact, flour often weighs almost half of that per
cup. I've slightly adjusted the recipe to more accurately reflect
this after weighing a cup of bread flour in my kitchen and getting
4.7 ounces, slightly more than this guide dictates:
http://www.thekitchn.com/weight-conversions-for-flour-sugar-and-other-common-baking-ingredients-171316

Review: I made this last week and they turned out great I'm making
them again right now but this time I put in 1/2 tea garlic will let
you know the results mix the dough smelled great

Review: I made these last night and they turned out amazing! ANDâ?¦I
have to confess I probably did everything wrong. (i.e. I used regular
flour, I rushed the rising process with a warm oven by almost an
hour, and I put them too close together on the baking sheet so they
were touching after the second rise). So that's how good this recipe
isâ?¦If I can do it all messed up and still get amazing breadsticks
you know it's a â??keeper'!!!

Review: Speed method- Make the dough as directed using a metal or
glass bowl. Bring a small saucepan of water to a simmer and set the
bowl with dough in it on the sauce pan. Make sure you oiled the bowl
as directed and oiled the top of the dough and placed plastic wrap
over it directly on top of the dough, not across the top of the bowl
( helps keep the warmth in). Let it sit for about 20 minutes, or
doubled in size. Reheat the sauce pan of water to boiling and heat
your oven to the WARM setting. Roll your dough out as directed and
put the sheet of breadsticks and the pan of boiling water in the
oven. Let it sit until almost doubled, then remove both pans and heat
the oven the rest of the way, keeping the bread sticks warm. Cook as directed.

Makes super soft, light and fluffy, breadsticks in a fraction of the
time! I started the recipe at 5 and my family finished eating all the
breadsticks by 7 if that tells you anything. Less than 1.5 hours for
fabulous breadsticks hot from the oven!

Review: Thank you sooo much for sharing. We don't have Olive Garden
in Germany, but I have been in the US and tried them and was really
glad I was able to serve these to my family here. I made them quite a
few times and everybody just loves them. Thank you!!

Review: Hi! Just follwed your recipe and it turned out well. My
breadsticks were just as you described- it was soft yet chewy
throughout. I didn't get the golden crust though- my bread was done
before it has the chance to brown at the top. (The bottom was a
different issue however, it was really browned but not bitter thank
goodness. And it was really crunchy which I really liked)

Anyway, is it supposed to be a bit sweet? I can definitely taste the
sugar on my batch. Next time, I'll halve the sugar on the dough.

I only made half the recipe btw because those breadsticks are huge to
my liking. I made 12 1-oz pieces instead and it was perfect for us.
Thanks for the recipe!

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.allfreecopycatrecipes.com/Bread-and-Rolls/Copycat-Olive-Garden-Breadstick-Recipe";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 188 Calories; 5g Fat (26.2%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 392mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0313