Honey Pear Swirl Bread

Tue, 12 Nov 2019 18:13:09 -0800
v119.n047.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Bread, Honey Pear Swirl

Recipe By     :Bake From Scratch
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Low Fat
                 Posted                          Stand Mixer

                         Dough:
   2               cups  warm whole milk -- (80 to 100F)
   1         tablespoon  active dry yeast -- plus
   1           teaspoon  active dry yeast -- (12 g)
   2              large  eggs
   6        tablespoons  unsalted butter -- melted, (84 g)
      1/4           cup  honey
   1         tablespoon  kosher salt -- (9 g)
   1         tablespoon  fresh lemon juice
   7               cups  bread flour -- divided, (to 7 1/2C or  (889-953 g))
                         Filling:
      1/2           cup  honey
   11 1/2            oz  pear preserves
   2        tablespoons  cornstarch -- (16 g)
   2          teaspoons  ground ginger -- (4 g)
                         Topping:
   1              large  egg white -- lightly beaten
      3/4           cup  old-fashioned oats -- (60 g)

For this Honey Pear Swirl Bread, we combined honey with pear
preserves to create a silky filling that packs every bite with layers
of fruit and spice.

Makes 2 (9x5") loaves

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment,
combine warm milk and yeast. Let stand until mixture is foamy, about
5 minutes. Add eggs, melted butter, honey, salt, and lemon juice;
beat at medium speed until combined. Gradually add 3 cups (381 grams)
flour, beating until smooth. Gradually beat in 4 cups (508 grams)
flour until a soft dough forms. (If dough is too sticky, add
remaining 1/2 cup [64 grams] flour.)

Turn out dough onto a heavily floured surface, and knead until smooth
and elastic, 4 to 5 minutes, sprinkling work surface with more flour
as needed. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in
bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free
place (75F) until doubled in size, about 2 hours.

In a medium saucepan, bring honey, pear preserves, cornstarch, and
ginger to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat, and let cool for 30 minutes.

Spray 2 (9x5") loaf pans with cooking spray. Divide dough in half. On
a lightly floured surface, roll each half into an 18x9" rectangle.
Spread half of filling onto one rectangle, leaving a 1/2" border.
Starting at one short side, roll up dough, jelly-roll style, and
press edge to seal. Place roll, seam side down, in prepared pan.
Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise in a
warm, draft-free place (75F) until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Brush tops of dough with egg white, and sprinkle with oats.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, covering with foil 30 minutes into baking
to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool on a wire rack.

Question: What kind of preserves can I use instead of pear? I live in
Spain and fruit preserves are very limited, and I don't always have
time to make my own. What we have here are made of strawberry,
orange, plums, tomatoes and peach.
Response: We think that you could make all sorts of fruit preserves
instead of the pear. Strawberry or peach preservatives would be
delicious in this recipe!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.bakefromscratch.com/honey-pear-swirl-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 179 Calories; 3g Fat (16.1%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
19mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0630