Easy Praline Pumpkin Muffins

Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:00:05 -0800
v119.n047.10
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Muffins, Easy Praline Pumpkin

Recipe By     :Chris Scheuer
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Muffins/Rolls
                 Nuts                            Posted

                         For the praline pecan topping:
      3/4           cup  chopped pecans
   1           teaspoon  extra virgin olive oil
   1 1/2    tablespoons  maple syrup
      1/8      teaspoon  kosher salt
                         For the muffins:
   3                     eggs
   1 1/2            cup  canned pumpkin
      2/3           cup  sunflower oil
   1                cup  sugar
      1/4           cup  light brown sugar
   2          teaspoons  vanilla
   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   2          teaspoons  pumpkin pie spice
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      3/4      teaspoon  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
                         For the optional maple glaze:
      3/4           cup  powdered sugar
   1         tablespoon  pure maple syrup
   1        tablespoons  milk -- (to 2 Tbsp)

These one-bowl, easy Praline Pumpkin Muffins are moist and bursting
with delicious flavor. The crunchy pecan praline topping takes them
over the top!

Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins

For the praline pecan topping: Combine all ingredients in a medium
size bowl and stir well to coat the pecans.

Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick
cooking spray.

Place eggs in a medium-large bowl and whisk well.

Add pumpkin, whisk together until smooth then add oil, sugars and
vanilla and mix well again.

Sprinkle flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and
salt evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture. Mix just until all
flour has disappeared.

Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffins cups. You will fill them
almost to the top. Scatter one tablespoon of the praline topping
evenly over each batter-filled cup.

Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until nicely domed and a toothpick
inserted in comes out clean.

Cool for 15 minutes, then slide out of the pan and transfer to a
cooling rack. When muffins are cool, drizzle with the maple glaze if desired.

For the optional maple glaze: Combine powdered sugar, maple syrup and
1 tablespoon milk in a medium size bowl. Stir until smooth. If too
thick add a little more milk. Drizzle over muffins.

Cal 332, Fat 19g, Carb 39g, Sod 232mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 4g

Review: These muffins are amazing. They are every bit as good as your
pumpkin loaves. I followed your recipe fully and my muffins rose
beautifully and were so moist and tasty. My family loved them as
well. Getting ready to make another batch right now. Thanks for a
lovely recipe.

Question: I made them. They are delicious. BUT. Why don't my muffins
make a nice dome like yours?? They spread out a bit, and the praline
pecan topping spread, as well. Should I try a little higher baking
temp? It also took 5 minutes longer (27 minutes) to cook. Love your
blog. I have made many of your posted recipes, and they are always
delicious, even if they don't look as pretty as yours!
Response: here are a number of reasons that muffins don't dome
although this one has done well for me. I'm sorry you had less than
stellar results. I wonder if your oven could be off a bit. You do
need some good heat to boost the rising so you could at least start
out with a higher temp and then bring it down after a few minutes.
You probably know this but switch out your leavening agents every 5-6
months. They can get old and not have as much boost.

Review: Fabulous recipe. They are a hit with my kids. I have doubled
the recipe and it works perfectly for 24 muffins. I was thinking
about trying it in a 9 x 13 pan. What do you think? The kids seem to
like this better than any fall cake I have made. Again, thanks for
the super recipe.

Review: Oh my! Just made these muffins and although not quite
completely cool yet, I couldn't resist diving into one. At the risk
of repeating myself, OH MY! Sooooooooo delicious! Moist, fluffy, dome
shaped. Actually surprised I got a whole dozen out of the batch since
I couldn't stop licking the spoon while putting the batter into the
muffin cups! Used crushed up oatmeal cookies which I made and didn't
like (not your recipe) for the topping since I'm not one to throw
anything out. Worked a treat. Made your pumpkin maple vinaigrette
with the leftover pumpkin as you suggested and again, oh my! Soooo good.

Question: I just tried these muffins & love the light taste & texture
though I mistakenly set the oven temp at 325F! However, I didn't get
a dome shaped muffin like this picture. How do you get that effect as
I don't usually get domed muffins when I make them?

Also what is the proportion for making the maple flavoured drizzle?

Thank you for this lovely recipe!!
Response:  I added the maple drizzle instructions. Sorry that was omitted!

Regarding the dome, it might have been the oven temperature as the
higher heat is important. Lots of muffin recipes don't result in
dome-shaped muffins. That's why I really love this recipe.

S(Internet address):
   https://thecafesucrefarine.com/praline-pumpkin-muffins/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 366 Calories; 19g Fat (46.0%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
53mg Cholesterol; 266mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1120