Wine Bread

Tue, 24 Dec 2019 20:34:29 -0800
v119.n051.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                                Bread, Wine

Recipe By     :Ashley Kappel
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

   3               cups  bread flour
   2          teaspoons  kosher salt -- divided
   2        tablespoons  fresh rosemary -- finely chopped
   1           teaspoon  freshly cracked black pepper
      1/2      teaspoon  active dry yeast
   1 1/4           cups  warm water
      1/4           cup  Cabernet wine -- slightly warmed
   1         tablespoon  olive oil

Say hello to the easiest bread recipe ever. The secret ingredient in
this bread adds great flavor. Cooking in a dutch oven creates a
perfectly crisp crust.

Yield: 1 loaf

Soft together flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, rosemary, and pepper in
a large bowl. Dissolve yeast in warm wine, add water to wine and mix
all of the liquid into the dry ingredients until incorporated. Do not
overmix. Cover the bowl with a towel and put it in a warm place to
rise for 16 hours.

After 16 hours, fold the dough into itself so the top is tucked in
the center and the bottom is now on the top. Place it in a bowl,
cover it, and let rise for 2 hours. When you have 30 minutes left of
rise time, place a dutch oven in the oven at 450F. Let it heat up for
30 minutes. Once heated, remove pot from oven, pour in olive oil and
swirl to coat. Place the bread into the pot, top with remaining
kosher salt, cover, and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes,
uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the bread has
a golden crust.

Question: I just made the dough and set to rise, but my dough is
really wet.  Should I add some extra flour?

S(Internet address):
   https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/wine-bread

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 103 Calories; 1g Fat (11.7%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 239mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat.

NOTES : 2019 - 1224