Ridiculously Easy Sugar Top Scones

Sat, 28 Dec 2019 20:39:47 -0800
v119.n051.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                    Scones, Ridiculously Easy Sugar Top

Recipe By     :Chris Scheuer
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List

   1                cup  heavy cream -- plus more for brushing on top
   8        tablespoons  butter
   2               cups  all-purpose flour
      1/4           cup  sugar
   1        tablespoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
                         Turbinado sugar -- or Demerara Sugar for topping

The easiest and most melt-in-your-mouth delicious scones ever! These
easy sugar top scones can be made ahead and frozen (unbaked) for
fuss-free entertaining too!

Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 18 mins

Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

â??Measure 1 cup heavy cream and place in the freezer while
proceeding with the recipe. (You want the cream to be in the freezer
10 to 15 minutes.)

Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a paper towel and
heat on high for 40 to 60 seconds or until just melted. Set aside to
cool a bit while prepping other ingredients.

Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.

After heavy cream has been chilled in the freezer for 10 to 15
minutes, pour the butter into the cold cream, scraping the container
to get all of the butter out. Stir with a fork until butter forms
small clumps or globules.

Add butter/cream mixture to dry ingredients (again, scrape all of it
out) and stir with rubber spatula until all flour is incorporated and
batter pulls away from sides of the bowl. Don't over mix.

Generously flour a work surface. Dump the dough onto the work surface
and turn to coat all surfaces with flour. Knead on counter 5-6 times
(about 30 seconds). Flip over on work surface to coat with flour then
pat into a 6-8" circle.

Cut dough in 8 equal pie-shaped pieces. Transfer wedges onto the
prepared sheet pan and brush tops with heavy cream. Sprinkle
generously with Turbinado or Demerara sugar.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at
room temperature with butter and jam. Warn guests that taking a half
scone is a serious mistake!

Cal 342, Fat 23g, Carb 32g, Sod 259mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: I get lots of requests to bring these into work. Last night I
made a batch and froze them so I could bake them at 5 am before I
left for work.

They are perfect made from frozenâ?¦.now that may be too much of a good thing!

Review: Love this recipe! The melted butter/cold cream method is so
much easier than cutting the butter in the traditional way. I also
wrapped & froze them like you suggested and they turned out perfectly
every time! Now I can pull out a scone from the freezer and bake them
1 at a time so I always have a fresh one to nibble on.

Review: Quick & super easy, as advertised, and very tasty. Made a
batch this evening to have for breakfast in the morning.

You know I had to try one straight from the oven. They're amazing!

S(Internet address):
   https://thecafesucrefarine.com/ridiculously-easy-sugar-top-scones/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 343 Calories; 23g Fat (59.2%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
72mg Cholesterol; 445mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Non-Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1119