Homemade Hawaiian Sweet Bread

Wed, 05 Feb 2020 19:01:47 -0800
v120.n006.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, Homemade Hawaiian Sweet

Recipe By     :Kimberly Danger
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   2            packets  active dry yeast
      1/2            C.  warm water
   3                     eggs
   1                 C.  pineapple juice
      1/2            C.  water
      2/3            C.  sugar
   1               tsp.  vanilla
      1/2          tsp.  ginger -- optional
      1/2            C.  butter -- melted
   6                 C.  white flour

Many people are frightened at the thought of making homemade bread,
but this recipe makes it simple. This easy Homemade Hawaiian Sweet
Bread recipe is just like the store bought version and you can have a
fresh loaf on the table in less than 2 hours! The sweetness of the
pineapple juice gives a yummy sweet kick without overpowering the
taste of the bread. Impress all your friends with sandwiches made on
homemade bread or snack on a couple slices for a mid-day energy boost.

Cook: 30 mins
Total: 1:30

Mix yeast with 1/2 C. warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes until foamy.
Combine yeast, eggs, pineapple juice, water, sugar, vanilla, butter
in a mixer. Add in flour gradually. Dust a cutting board with flour
and place the dough on it. Work dough in flour until it's no longer
sticky. Split in two equal sections.

Grease two cake rounds and place dough inside. Let the bread rise
until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 25 to 30
minutes or until golden brown.

Frugal Tip:  Pineapple juice is not an ingredient I buy regularly,
but occasionally I'll stumble upon a recipe that calls for it.  I
purchase a large can of pineapple juice and freeze what I don't need
in ice cube trays for future use.  That way, I was able to get the
best value at the store without any drop going to waste.  I can use
it in this Hawaiian Sweet Bread recipe, marinades, slushies, etc.

Source:
   "Copycat Recipes: Hawaiian Sweet Bread"
S(Internet address):
   http://frugalbites.com/copycat-recipes-hawaiian-sweet-bread-recipe/
Yield:
   "8 to 10"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 560 Calories; 14g Fat (23.3%
calories from fat); 13g Protein; 94g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
111mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0413