Hurry-Up Biscuits

Sun, 16 Feb 2020 18:52:16 -0800
v120.n007.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Biscuits, Hurry-Up

Recipe By     :Beverly Sprague
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

   3               cups  all-purpose flour
   4          teaspoons  baking powder
   4          teaspoons  sugar
   1           teaspoon  salt
   2               cups  heavy whipping cream

When I was young, my mom would make these biscuits with fresh cream
she got from a local farmer. I don't go to those lengths, but the
family recipe is still a real treat.

Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder,
sugar and salt. Add cream; stir just until moistened.

Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 1" apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until
bottoms are golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.

Cal 256, Fat 15g, Carb 26g, Sod 346mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: You can make these even more quickly by using self-rising
flour in place of the flour, salt and baking powder. Add sugar if you
must, although I don't usually use it. To make them lower in fat and
calories substitute half and half for the whole cream. I actually
prefer them this way. The whole cream seems too rich for me,
especially as I'm going to butter them anyway.

Review: I found that if a older recipe calls for "Butter" that is
what you should use. I have tried to tweak a few recipes by using
margarine or (what I would call fake "healthy version" of butter. I
have thrown out slots of baked goods because the recipe DID NOT
turnout right. If a recipe calls for Butter, then use Butter. I
always use regular Butter; but a person can use unsalted if they
want. Every time I used it the taste wasn't there.

Review: All you need to say is heavy cream and I'm there. My
grandmother made these, so did my mom and I do also. The only
difference is my recipe calls for 2 Tb melted butter. I noticed one
reviewer mentioning they were bitter, I have no idea why that would be.

Review: I've made this numerous times! It's my go-to recipe. Thank
you so much, I absolutely love it.

Review: I use self-rising flour in my cream biscuits all the time and
I use self-rising flour all the time to knead them and my biscuits
are never bitter. They are delicious.

Review: I learned how to make these biscuits years ago. I like to
knead mine for 30 seconds or so, pat the dough into a circle and cut.
To make them even quicker, use an equivalent amount of self-rising
flour instead of regular flour and omit the remaining dry
ingredients, except the sugar. If you're going to use self-rising
flour and decide to knead the dough, use regular flour to knead,
otherwise the biscuits will taste bitter.

Review: I made these but I tweaked them just a smidge. I added some
honey to the heavy cream and mixed it all together and after I
dropped them on the pan i brushed them with melted butter. And i also
brushed them with a little melted butter as soon as they came out of
the oven. They were divine!!!! And seriously only took 5 minutes to
throw together!!! I will definitely make these again!

Review: I followed the recipe as written and they were delicious;
light and fluffy! Easy to make.

Review:

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/hurry-up-biscuits/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 257 Calories; 15g Fat (52.3%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
54mg Cholesterol; 356mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0216