Bread Machine Soft Oatmeal Bread

Sun, 16 Feb 2020 19:01:59 -0800
v120.n007.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                      Bread Machine Soft Oatmeal Bread

Recipe By     :Nancy Montgomery
Categories    : Bread                           Bread Machine
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Posted

   1 1/2           cups  water -- (70 to 80F)
      1/4           cup  canola oil
   1           teaspoon  lemon juice
      1/4           cup  sugar
   2          teaspoons  salt
   3               cups  all-purpose flour
   1 1/2           cups  quick-cooking oats
   2 1/2      teaspoons  active dry yeast

My husband loves to make this bread. With its mild oat taste and soft
texture, it's sure to be a hit with the whole family. Slices also are
delicious toasted up for breakfast.

Prep: 10 min.
Bake: 3 hours
Makes: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices)

In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf
size if available.

Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).

Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place
in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature.

Cal 127, Fat 3g, Carb 21g, Sod 237mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: I followed he recipe exactly. The only problem I had, was as
soon as the bread machine started to bake, the bread completely sunk
in the middle. It had risen beautifully and just sunk. I looked up
reasons this might happen and found it could be too much liquid in
the recipe? Anyone else have this experience? Next time I will bake
it in the oven. The bottom half did come out nicely with a good cust
and tastes really good. Will try just the dough cycle next time and
bake in the oven.

Review: This bread is so soft and delicious. As the dough was mixing,
it looked a lot moister than my normal bread machine recipes. I think
the oatmeal soaks up some of the moisture, so I didn't add a lot of
extra flour while mixing.

Review: This bread is amazing! It's light and tasty, will definitely
make again as it was enjoyed by all!

Review: This was the most moist bread I've ever made in a bread
machine. I did not have white sugar so substituted brown sugar and it
still came out well.

Review: This is by far one of the very most delicious breads I have
made with my bread machine. Perfect! This one is a keeper and I will
be making this often! The whole family loved it. The only problem was
it was gone in no time!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/soft-oatmeal-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 127 Calories; 3g Fat (23.6%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 215mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0120