Re: Bernard Clayton's bread book

Donna <dclancy64@aol.com>
Sun, 22 Nov 2020 19:44:48 -0600
v120.n045.2
Replying to Phyllis regarding her question about Bernard Clayton's
bread book...I bought that book more than 30 years ago and can
honestly say I've made more recipes than I can count from it. The
pages are stained cover to cover. I don't remember making any recipe
and thinking it was bad. My suggestion is to jump right in and start
baking a loaf that looks appealing to you. You won't be disappointed!
I've cut back on some of the yeast that is called for in a few of the
recipes as more modern bread books use less than Bernard's recipes (1
tsp. seems sufficient in most of my edits). I have more than 20 books
on bread baking and I still reach for this book frequently. Good luck!