Skillet Biscuits with Garlic-Basil Olives

Sat, 10 Apr 2021 17:35:19 -0700
v121.n016.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                 Biscuits with Garlic-Basil Olives, Skillet

Recipe By     : Katerina
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Hand Made                       Posted
                 Side Dish

   3             slices  bacon
   2               cups  all-purpose flour -- Note 1:
   1           teaspoon  sugar
   1         tablespoon  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  salt
   8        tablespoons  butter -- cut into cubes
      1/2           cup  milk -- more or less if needed
      3/4           cup  Olives -- STAR Garlic-Basil, sliced & drained
   1                     egg
   1         tablespoon  water
                         fresh ground pepper
                         dry parsley flakes

Skillet Biscuits with Garlic-Basil Olives - Light, fluffy, very easy
to make Biscuits baked in a skillet and stuffed with delicious
garlic-basil olives! 25 minutes from start to finish!

Note 1: you can also use 1 cup Ultragrain Flour + 1 cup All-Purpose Flour

Prep 20 mins
Cook: 12 mins
Total: 32 mins
WW Freestyle: 6

Preheat oven to 425F.

Place the strips of bacon in a cast iron skillet and cook over
medium-low heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cooked to a desired crispiness.

Remove bacon from skillet; do not discard bacon fat! Set skillet aside.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl;
whisk to combine.

Using a pastry cutter, cut butter into mixture until crumbly. You can
also use your hands and fingers, which is my personal favorite.

Make a well in the flour mixture and add milk into the well.

Stir dough with wooden spoon or hands and add more milk IF necessary.
Dough should look like a shaggy mixture.

Add sliced olives; stir just enough to combine, making sure not to
over mix the biscuit dough.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a circle,
about 1-inch thick.

Cut out biscuits with a round biscuit cutter.

Press any dough scraps together to make a few more biscuits out of
the remaining dough.

Place biscuits in the previously prepared skillet with bacon fat.
Depending on the size of your biscuits, you might have to bake the
biscuits in batches.

In a small bowl, combine egg and water; whisk to combine.

Brush each biscuit with egg wash.

Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and parsley flakes.

Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

Serve warm.

Cal 191, Fat 11g, Carb 17g, Sod 439mg, Pro 3g

Review: Um YES. These biscuits look PERFECT Kate! I'll take that
skillet please!

Review: I love to make homemade biscuits. I've never cooked mine in a
skillet though, and I've never added olives. I have to say I am
really intrigued by these and will probably try these out the next
time I make soup. Total soup and carbs girl here!

Question: Was the bacon just for the fat or was it supposed to go in
the biscuits? These look great, hubby loves olives.
Reply: It's just for the fat. BUT chopping it up and including it in
the biscuits would not be a bad idea!

S(Internet address):
   https://diethood.com/skillet-biscuits-with-garlic-basil-olives/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 177 Calories; 10g Fat (52.2%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
41mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0410