Sour Cream Chive Bread, Machine or Hand

Mon, 12 Apr 2021 18:46:21 -0700
v121.n016.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                  Bread, Sour Cream Chive, Machine or Hand

Recipe By     : Deborah Plank
Categories    : Bread                           Bread Machine
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Posted

      2/3           cup  2% milk -- (70 to 80F)
      1/4           cup  water -- (70 to 80F)
      1/4           cup  sour cream
   2        tablespoons  butter
   1 1/2      teaspoons  sugar
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
   3               cups  bread flour
      1/8      teaspoon  baking soda
      1/4           cup  chives -- minced
   2 1/4      teaspoons  active dry yeast

This savory loaf mildly flavored with chives is delicious when served
warm with a meal, soup, salad or stew. It also tastes wonderful
toasted the next day for breakfast.

Video on site
First comment has the directions for hand made.

Prep: 10 min.
Bake: 3 hours
Makes: 1 loaf (1 1/2 lbs)

In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in the order suggested by
manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf
size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check
dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or
flour if needed).

Editor's Note: We recommend you do not use a bread machine's
time-delay feature for this recipe.

Cal 105, Fat 2g, Carb 18g, Sod 253mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: Directions for bread without a bread machine. 1. Combine milk
and butter in a saucepan. Heat until butter is melted and temperature
is 110-115 degrees. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in sugar and warm
water(110-115 degrees), let stand until bubbles form. In a separate
bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda together. Add milk mixture, 1
cup of flour mixture, sour cream and chives to yeast and stir
together until combined. Slowly add remaining flour mixture until it
forms a soft ball. If the dough is still too wet add small amounts of
flour until it reaches the right consistency. 2. Turn out onto a
lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in
greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm
place until doubled, 1 - 1 1/2 hours. 3. Punch dough down. Shape into
a loaf and place in greased 9x5 pan. Cover and let rise until
doubled, 1 - 1 1/2 hours. 4. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown
and bread sounds hollow when tapped, 30 - 35 minutes. Remove from pan
to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.

Review: Wonderful recipe. Made hamburger and hot dog buns as well as
knot rolls and of course a loaf of bread. Used fresh chives from my
patio garden. What a wonderful recipe..

Review: I almost threw out this recipe due to the fact I don't have a
bread machine either. Glad I read the reviews thank you for the old
fashion way of making bread!

Review: Was the first time I made this an. I am keeping this a real favorite.

Review: Made this bread to go with our soup for supper. The following
morning followed Deborah's recommendation and had it toasted with our
eggs.Told my son & daughter-in-law at lunch time how good it was. Her
question was: Why don't we get any of your bread. Answer: Because we
ate it all.

Review: We love this bread. I started making it a few years ago. It
always turn out beautiful and tasty. I do add 2 tablespoons of vital
wheat gluten, I find it keeps it soft....that is if you don't eat it all.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/easy-yeast-bread-recipes/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 122 Calories; 3g Fat (21.2%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 6mg Cholesterol; 232mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0
Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0412