Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins

Fri, 04 Mar 2022 19:46:09 -0800
v122.n008.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Muffins, Pumpkin Gingerbread

Recipe By     : Erin Clarke
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Grains
                 Hand Made                       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted
                 Vegetables

      3/4           cup  all-purpose flour
      3/4           cup  whole wheat flour -- white, or additional
all-purpose flour
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  kosher salt
   1 1/2      teaspoons  ground ginger
   1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
      1/4      teaspoon  ground nutmeg
      1/4      teaspoon  ground cloves
   1                cup  pumpkin puree -- pure, not pumpkin pie filling
      1/2           cup  maple syrup -- pure
      1/2           cup  molasses -- unsulphured, do not use
blackstrap; it will be too bitter
      1/4           cup  Unsalted Butter -- in Half-Sticks, melted
and cooled to room temp
   2              large  eggs -- at room temp
   2        tablespoons  sugar -- sparkling, coarse, or turbinado sugar

These easy pumpkin gingerbread muffins are the best of both worlds!
Fantastically moist and perfectly spiced, they are a fresh delight.

PREP: 20 mins
COOK: 20 mins
TOTAL: 45 mins

Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 375F.
Lightly coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, white
whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and
cloves. In a separate, larger mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin
puree, maple syrup, molasses, melted butter, and eggs until well blended.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then by hand with a
rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir very gently to combine; stop as
soon as the flour disappears. The batter will seem loose and a little lumpy.

Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them no more than
3/4 of the way to the top. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with 1/2
teaspoon sparkling sugar.

Bake the muffins for 20 to 22 minutes, until the tops spring back
lightly when touched and a tester inserted in the center of a muffin
comes out clean. Place the muffin pan on a wire rack and let the
muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the muffins
from the pan and transfer to the rack to cool completely. These taste
even better as they rest. Enjoy!

TO STORE: Store muffins at room temperature for up to 5 days in an
airtight storage container lined with paper towels.

TO FREEZE: Freeze muffins in an airtight, freezer-safe storage
container for up to 3 months. Thaw and enjoy as desired.

Cal 191, Fat 5g, Carb 35g, Fiber 2g, Pro 3g

Review: This recipe couldn't have come at a better time as I just
baked and pureed my "porch pumpkin". Every year I get one that will
bake well (fit in my oven!) and just freeze the puree. I'm also a
huge lover of ginger so this combination should be wonderful. I love
cake in general while my husband is more of a pie person. Muffins are
a way for me to have my cake fix and he'll eat them as well. Have a great day.

Question: Could you use all whole wheat flour with this recipe?
Response: You can but the muffins will be heavier and more dense. If
you do decide to use all whole wheat, I'd suggest adding a tablespoon
of milk to the recipe to keep them from being too dry. I hope you enjoy them!

Review: I tried it with all wheat flour, fresh ground white wheat
berries and it turned out great! I added the milk and they were very
moist. I feel like the texture was like you would have with a pumpkin
bread, so I didn't really feel it was all that sense. Maybe more
sense than normal for a muffin but it worked for me! Thanks!!

Review: So delicious! My two kiddos love them too! Will make these
again for sure.

Review: Made this muffin recipe using a gluten free baking flour
which worked well. Super moist with a rich gingerbread flavor.
Marking this recipe as a "favorite".

S(Internet address):
   https://www.wellplated.com/pumpkin-gingerbread-muffins/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 187 Calories; 5g Fat (23.4%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
46mg Cholesterol; 203mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 1216