No-Knead Casserole Bread

Fri, 04 Mar 2022 19:46:20 -0800
v122.n008.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Bread, No-Knead Casserole

Recipe By     : Peggy Key
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Hand Made                       Low Fat
                 Posted

   2        tablespoons  sugar
   4 1/2            tsp  yeast -- quick, (2 pkgs/1/4 oz each)
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
      1/2      teaspoon  pepper
   5 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   2               cups  water
   2        tablespoons  butter -- cubed
      3/4    cupcheddar  cheese -- shredded, plus
   2        tablespoons  cheddar cheese -- shredded
      1/4           cup  onion -- finely chopped

You'll love this cheddar bread made in a casserole dish. It is one of
the easiest yeast breads to make. And since it calls for rapid-rise
yeast, you don't have to wait long to enjoy it!

Prep: 15 min. + rising
Bake: 45 min.
Makes: 1 loaf (16 slices)

In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt, pepper and 2 1/2 cups flour.
In a small saucepan, heat water and butter to 120-130F; stir into dry
ingredients. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, onion and remaining flour,
forming a soft dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.

Shape dough into a ball; place in a greased 2-qt. round baking dish.
Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled,
about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining
cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cool in
baking dish 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.

Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in heavy-duty
foil. To use, thaw at room temperature.

Cal 204, Fat 4g, Carb 35g, Sod 272mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 6g

Review: Great recipe! I omitted the onions, baked it for 45 minutes
then covered with foil and baked it for another 10 minutes and it
turned out perfectly.

Review: Made this yesterday for the first time.  It's a very dense
bread, but it was liked by all at dinner.  Tastes just as good the
next day at room temperature with a bit of butter on it.

Review: This is so good and very easy to make. The first time I made
it exactly as the recipe called for. Delicious-nice crust on top and
a very dense bread inside. The second time I left out the onion but
added some sliced green onions and chives for a bit more color.  I
also added 1 tsp of dill and 1/4 tsp of garlic powder. We ate almost
the entire loaf that night..

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/no-knead-casserole-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 183 Calories; 2g Fat (11.0%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
5mg Cholesterol; 222mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0430